Jasmine milk tea is a popular variation of traditional milk tea that combines the floral aroma of jasmine flowers with the rich, creamy taste of milk. One of the best ways to make this delicious beverage is by starting with a high-quality oolong tea as the base. Oolong tea is known for its smooth, nuanced flavor, making it the perfect choice for a jasmine milk tea recipe.
Here’s a simple recipe for making your own jasmine milk tea using oolong tea:
Jasmine Milk Tea Ingredients:
- 2 tablespoons of oolong tea leaves
- 2 cups of water
- 2-3 jasmine flowers
- 1 cup of milk
- 1/4 cup of sugar (or to taste)
- Begin by heating 2 cups of water in a pot or kettle until it reaches a temperature of about 185-195 degrees Fahrenheit (85-90 degrees Celsius).
- Next, add 2 tablespoons of oolong tea leaves to the water and let it steep for 3-5 minutes.
- Remove the tea leaves from the water and add 2-3 jasmine flowers to the tea. Let it steep for an additional 2-3 minutes to infuse the tea with the floral aroma of the jasmine flowers.
- Remove the jasmine flowers from the tea and add 1/4 cup of sugar (or to taste) to the tea.
- In a separate pot, heat 1 cup of milk until it’s hot but not boiling.
- Add the hot milk to the tea and stir well.
- Serve your milk tea hot and enjoy!
Jasmine milk tea is a delicious and refreshing beverage that’s perfect for any time of the day. The combination of the smooth, nuanced flavor of oolong tea and the floral aroma of jasmine flowers creates a unique and satisfying taste. If you’re looking for a new twist on traditional milk tea, give this recipe a try and enjoy the delicious taste of the milk tea.