High Mountain decaffeinated Oolong Tea is synonymous with the finest Oolong teas in the world. It is a semi-fermented tea that contains all the benefits of green tea, but does not have its grassy taste or the tannins present in black tea. The very brief fermentation process also creates the subtle fragrances and flavors that distinguish this tea from all other varieties. The cultivation and appreciation of High Mountain Oolong is somewhat similar to fine wine, with each plantation and each mountain producing its own unique bouquet of flavors, and each year’s harvest yielding its own special character.
This tea is decaffeinated by exposing moistened tea leaves to pressurized carbon dioxide, which acts as a solvent to remove the caffeine. Because nothing else is affected during this process, the tea retains its flavors and beneficial antioxidants.There is a record of tea being used as a beverage in China since 2,000 B.C.E. Besides water, it is consumed more than any other drink around the world. The four main types of tea are black, green, white, and oolong. Below you will find what we think is the perfect way to make decaf oolong tea. Choose between one of our oolongs.Decaf Oolong has many health benefits. Our top 5 are below.
1. Boosts your metabolism, causing weight loss. Decaffeinated Oolong tea helps you burn fat faster by raising your metabolism for up to two hours after drinking it. Oolong also contains polyphenols that block enzymes that build fat.
2. May Lower cholesterolDecaf Oolong tea is known to reduce cholesterol levels and promote heart health. Oolong produces a polyphenol molecule that is able to activate the enzyme lipase, which is known to dissolve body fat.
3. Strong immune systemFamous in China for its immune boosting properties, decaffeinated oolong tea can help you in maintaining a healthy immune system. The antioxidant flavonoids found in the oolong tea prevent cellular damage.
4. Stabilizes blood sugarStudies have shown that the antioxidants in decaf oolong, which comes from polyphenols, does wonders for metabolizing sugar.
5. Aids digestionOolong tea can alkalize the digestive tract, reducing inflammation in those with acid reflux and ulcer problems. Because it is also mildly antiseptic, oolong tea can clear bad bacteria from your belly. Drink it when it’s hot!
|Brewing Method:||Tea cup||Chinese Gongfu Method|
|Water volume：||12oz / 355ml||3.8oz / 110ml|
|Temperature：||212℉ / 100℃||212℉ / 100℃|
|Tea Quantity：||5g Tea||7g Tea|
|Brewing time:||3 – 5 mins||7 steeps: rinse, 15s, 25s, 35s, 45s, 55s, 75s, 85s|